Habari gani (how are you)?
The time has “finally” come to join AfricaFreak’s brand new social media platform! While we are still improving the system, I figured we’ve had way too much waiting already!
So, what’s “your eyes on Africa”? Are you ready to share what Africa is all about…seen through your vision and own values?
Ready to get started?
Let’s Do This…
1. Go to africafreak.com, then click on “Join!”
2. Fill in the Form
Enter your details, accept the terms and conditions, type in the two words (in the captcha box), then click on “Register”.
Your are now a proud AfricaFreak member, yipie!
3. Share Your Stories
- The first step is to enter the link you’d like to share, then click on “Continue”.
- You now have the possibilities to:
I. Enter a Title
II. Choose a Category for Your Story
III. Choose Tags/Keywords that Best Describe Your Article
IV. Enter the Description of Your Choice
V. Enter Your Video URL
If it’s a video you’d like to share, make sure you copy/paste the URL directly from the browser bar (or else the system will simply NOT pick it up).
VI. Copy the 2 Words in the CAPTCHA Box
In this example it would be: “dealt, tomsory”. If you can’t read the captcha words, click on the “refresh” button.
When you’re done, click on “Save Changes and Submit”.
NB: The “attach files” and “submit to a group” functions are not fully operational yet, so please ignore them for now!
Things Worth Knowing…
- All submissions first appear in the “Upcoming” section.
- Over time, only the most popular stories make it to the homepage (and thus receive the most traffic).
- When you search for interesting stories, there are three ways to do this:
1. You can click on a specific category you like best (via the menu bar):
2. You can filter the stories according to 3 criteria: video, image or content (text articles in most instances):
3. You can do your research through our “search bar”.
Your Feedback is Important to Us…
Your feedback is VERY important to us. We know that AfricaFreak’s new system is far from perfect, yet we ALSO know we’re doing our VERY best to deliver the best possible product.
In the end, it’s also up to you to tell us what still needs to be improved/if you notice any bugs to report.
You are most welcome to contact us or leave a comment below to share your first impressions.
That’s it for today! I REALLY look forward to reading your interesting Africa-related stories!
Until next time, have a “fantabulous” day!
Michaël aka AfricaFreak