Zanzibar is not only known for its pristine beaches and renowned spice tour, it also has a few delicacies worth trying out. Ever heard of the famous “Zanzibar pizza” for instance (dough filled with meat, vegetables, eggs or sweet ingredients)? It’s yummy delicious! 🙂
Today’s post isn’t about “pizza” though, but it is also a specialty found at the Night Market (Forodhani gardens, in Stone Town).
Nope, today’s about an “extra special” drink that I discovered back in the days: sugar cane juice.
How to Make Sugarcane Juice – What you Need
– Sugarcane juice maker machine or press.
– Cut sugarcane stalks.
– A sieve.
Sugar Cane Juice Health Benefits
– Extremely tasty! 🙂
– Very refreshing and re-hydrating.
– Replenishes your body with high energy, carbohydrates and protein.
– Only contains raw, unrefined sugar, no simple sugars.
– Sugar cane has a low glycemix index, which keeps the body’s metabolism healthy.
– It is plentiful in natural minerals and vitamins.
– The stalk is an alkalizing substance, and is therefore highly recommended for diseases such as breast and prostate cancer.
– Sugarcane can also be enjoyed by diabetics without worry.