Special thanks go to Larry Garber for providing such amazing Kili tips! 🙂 His advice is just essential for a successful and hassle-free climb.
Want to learn some more? You are more than welcome to also read my special “Tips on Clothing and Equipment for Your Kilimanjaro Climb” article. Enjoy! 😉
Video Lesson 1: Your Backpack!
In this video you’ll learn about the following:
– Backpack essentials.
– Camelback water units.
– Layering (clothes needed according to weather forecast).
Video Lesson 2: Boots and Hygiene!
– Footwear and personal comfort.
– Ziploc bags to keep clothes dry.
– Wet wipes/hand sanitizers.
– Tissues (for runny noses).
– Water purification techniques.
– Tips to prevent your drinking water from freezing.
Video Lesson 3: For Your Own Comfort and Safety!
Learn all you need to know about:
– Plastic ponchos.
– Sun protection.
– Hiking poles.
– Sleeping bags.
– LED head lamps.
– Ear plugs.
– Personal entertainment (music, cameras, batteries).
– Must-pack items (Swiss army knife, dark tape, etc.).
Video Lesson 4: First Aid Kit and Physical Fitness!
Essential items mentioned include:
– Dental hygiene.
– First Aid Kit and Medication.
– Technology items (watch, GPS).
– Maps of the Area.
– Snacks and Food.
– Physical fitness (VERY IMPORTANT). Prerequisites are rather strict: at least 4 months of physical fitness prior to the ascension. Gym 4 times a week: electrical machines for 45-60 minutes + hikes 1-2 a month!