Jambo rafiki! 🙂
Today’s Day – 1 until I depart for Africa on my amazing overlanding experience, yipie! 🙂 Here’s a video on some of the most important items to pack for such a trip.
Let’s recap what was highlighted in the video. Here’s the top 10 list:
1. Travel Documents
- E-ticket/plane ticket.
- Travel voucher.
- Travel insurance.
- Certificate of vaccination. Check out my “Top 10 Things to Bear in Mind” article for more info on the matter.
2. Security Items
- Money belt (to be kept inside your pants).
- combination lock or padlock.
- YKK zips (choose chain zippers on your duffel bag; incredibly strong and more secure).
- Good torch or headlamp.
- Durable water bottle (1-2 litres capacity).
- Travel adapter (in this case, for Southern African countries).
6. Sun Protection
- Rogue hat.
- Good sunglasses.
- Sunscreen lotion (factor 20 minimum).
- Lip ice.
7. Practical Tool
- Pocket knife/Swiss army knife (used as a bottle opener, to cut things, etc).
8. Bugs & Insects
- Mosquito repellent (should contain at least 30 % of DEET).
- Mosquito net + coils.
9. Optical Instruments
10. Wildlife Guides