Last Updated on
I’m about to embark on a safari of a lifetime. Yes, you heard me right: a journey throughout Eastern and Southern Africa. 😉
58 days, 8 countries, and several thousands of kilometers worth of dusty roads (close to 13,500 km if my calculations are correct), bumpy rides + extraordinary scenery and terrain to travel through. Are you ready to be “a part of” this amazing experience? I sure will do my best to keep you posted on my whereabouts as the trip unfolds.
In overlanding there is the word “overland.” Overlanding therefore implies “to traverse” or to pass over the land/countries instead of the ocean.
In my case, I will be taking part in an overland trip on a fully equipped safari truck (16-24 passengers).
Countries Visited: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
- Lake Nakuru National Park (Kenya) & Bwindi Gorilla Trek (Uganda).
- Masai Mara (Kenya), Serengeti, Ngorongoro & Olduvai Gorge (Tanzania).
- Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar & Mikumi National Park (Tanzania).
- Lake Malawi (Malawi) & Victoria Falls (Zambia side).
- Chobe National Park & Okavango Delta (Botswana) + Kalahari desert (with the Bushmen) & Etosha (Namibia).
- Cape Cross Seal Colony, Swakopmund, Naukluft Park & Fish River Canyon (Namibia).
- Orange (Gariep) River & Cape Town (South Africa; end of the journey).
Departure Date: November 20, 2010.
End Date: January 18, 2011.
What to Expect from this Trip?
I’ll also try to submit articles via the AfricaFreak website, although I cannot guarantee this. At the end of the day, it will all depend on the Internet availability.
One thing for sure is that I’ll come back with loads of pics, interesting videos (hopefully 🙂 ), and lots of things to share and talk about! 😉 So either way (whether it is during or after the expedition), you’ll hear a lot from me.
Looking for Sponsors
While part of my trip is being taken care of (thanks to a very generous sponsor), I have calculated that I will need approximately €4400 ($6000) to cover additional costs over the two month period. These costs include local payments (park entry fees, gorilla permit, excursions, etc.), plane tickets, visas, food and camping, and more.
If you would like to sponsor this amazing trip, you can get into contact with me through info[at]africafreak.com. We can organize 125 x 125 banner ads or any other type of monetary agreement (TBD).
For more information on this amazing trip, consult Acacia Africa’s 58-day Ultimate African Overlander.