Are you searching for specific African products online?
What exactly are you looking for?
Struggling to get started?
Here’s a list of some of the most popular African products and where to buy them online.
NB: Feel like your business also deserves to be listed? You’re welcome to mention it in a comment below. Thank you.
Arts, Crafts and Sewing
- Africa Direct – Features the largest online selection of African carvings, masks, baskets, textiles, bead work, weapons, artifacts, trade beads and jewelry.
- Africouleur – Creation of African fashion, jewelry, fabrics and crafts.
- Aina Moja – Featuring a selection of fine African crafts and art from Kenyan artists (Fair Trade).
- AmaAfrika – Offering the finest in hand-carved Shona stone art created by African artists.
- Authentic Africa – African doors, Kuba cups, textiles, bronze and brass, dolls, furniture, masks, jewelry and more.
- Genuine Africa – African masks, statues, artwork, and crafts.
- NOVICA West Africa – Spreads happiness by empowering and connecting artisans from West Africa to a global marketplace of socially conscious customers.
Some of NOVICA’s most prominent products include African jewelry, masks, home decor, paintings, wall decor, sculpture, etc (Fair Trade).
- Swahili Modern – Fair trade company that works directly with artisans in Africa.
- The Africa House – Buy unique African gifts (Fair Trade).
- The Kenyan Collection – Exquisite beaded leather work for people and their pets.
- Tribal Textiles – The company produces unique hand-painted textiles in the heart of the African bush in Zambia. Their textiles mix traditional African art with contemporary designs, drawing inspiration from the stunning Zambian wildlife and surroundings. Each piece is drawn and painted by local Zambian men and women in a rich palette of hand-mixed colours, providing jobs in an area where employment is scarce. Learn more about what they do here.
Beauty, Health and Grocery
- African Fair Trade Society – 100% pure organic African Shea butter body cream, lotion and soap. Uses the profits of its Shea butter sales to establish a channel of micro-aid to small, impoverished communities in Western Africa.
- The African Chef – Revolutionary brand that combines local UK ingredients with African tree foods that include Baobab, Moringa & Shea butter. Choose from the finest African inspired jams, cordials, chilli and baobab condiments.
NB: 10% of very sale goes to the the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation, which focuses on conservation and wildlife protection through education and anti-poaching projects.
* Proudly South African
- African Hut – Home to the largest online selection of South African Foods and Groceries in the United States.
- Expat Shop – South African expats products online.
- Out of Africa Trading – Importers of fine South African products (ships to US & Canada only).
- Saffa Trading – The South African online product and food shop.
- South African Online Shop – A touch of Africa in Australia (only ships nationwide).
- Springbok Foods – Brings you the very best boerewors Biltong and dry wors (Australia shipping only).
- Cyber Cellar – Buy South African wine online. Best prices. Wide selection.
- wine.co.za – The easiest way to buy wine in South Africa (no international shipping).
Clothing, Shoes and Jewelry
- 1st African Clothing – Where to buy African clothing online. African designs made in Africa by Africans. Each sale supports children in Kenya.
- Discoveries Egyptian Imports – Specializes in personalized cartouche pendants (translating any name into Egyptian Hieroglyphs) that are custom-made by special order.
- Dupsie’s – Home of African clothing, Dashiki, African print, agbada (grand boubou), African jewelry, caftans, boubou, lace materials, African prints, damask, mudcloth apparel and accessories as well as the latest fashion.
- EgyptianJewelry – One of the largest and well-established manufacturer and importer of Egyptian cartouches.
- Kanga USA – Imports genuine kangas made in Kenya and Tanzania. Proceeds return to Kenya to support children’s projects.
- The Leakey Collection – African-made, sustainable jewelry and elegant, handcrafted products.
- Africa Imports – The largest supplier of African products in the United States. Supplies over 2000 wholesale customers with African clothing, artwork, musical instruments, jewelry, oils, soaps, and personal care products.
- Jumia – The biggest online shopping mall in Africa.
- Takealot – South Africa’s largest ecommerce retailer. Their website not only offers African products but also other popular goods such as movies, books, electronics and more.
Home and Décor (from North Africa)
- Badia Design – Offers a wide variety of Moroccan handmade furniture, home decor, tribal rugs, brass chandeliers, mosaic tables, Moroccan hand painted tiles, etc.
- Bazaar in Egypt – Your one stop shop for Christmas ornaments, Egyptian jewels, art and gifts.
- Casablanca Market – An exclusive collection of handmade fine home goods and accessories from around the Mediterranean region including Morocco, Tunisia, as well as Turkey and Spain.
- Casbah Decor – Online Moroccan furniture & lighting store.
- Just Morocco – Check it out for Moroccan furniture, décor and lamps.
- Mosaik – A source of unique antique collections reflecting the heritage of France and Morocco.
Safari and Outdoor
- Africa Adventure Safari Products – Buy renowned publications, clothing and travel gear to take on your trip.
- Kendrick Imports – Importing unique merchandise from Africa and beyond. Believe in the products they import and have personally “road-tested” them all. Especially useful if you’re looking for Rogue outdoor gear or safari clothing.
- SafariQuip – The travel equipment and adventure gear shop. Their motto is “if it doesn’t work we don’t stock it”.
- The Safari Store – The specialist supplier of safari clothing, safari luggage, binoculars, safari books and safari accessories.
40 thoughts on “Where to buy the best African products online – The complete list”
This french website is also very interesting mainly for clothing and jewellery : https://boutique-africaine.com
Can we have Tragoa Trading added to this list? It is like Alibaba but for Africa. Thank you if so!
We’re not adding any new listings right now, but I will check your site for sure!
Another great shop is “Ntaba Taste of Africa!” Based in Louisville, they are also online.
Also visit http://www.africanthings.org for wholesale African products, from African print bags to African home decor. Worldwide shipping available.
There’s also Dumota.com, an African products marketplace where they sell almost everything African. They have thousands of sellers across west Africa. And their shipping is quite fast; ordered a product from a seller in Lagos and it got to me in 72 hours, very surprising.
It would be great if you could add JANET + GEORGE to the list. Focus on fashion, beauty and home decor products. You can find out more via http://www.janetandgeorge.com.
Thanks Linda, will definitely check it out! 🙂
Hey Michael, please check out our online African accessories store and include it on this list. UzuriGirlBoutique.com. Thanks.
Will check, thanks.
Hello Michael, thanks for your complete list.
We are building a marketplace that helps African creators to sell their product on the Internet: https://motherland-store.com (we officially launch Monday)
It would be awesome if you could add it to your list.
Will check it out. Good luck with your launch, cheers! 🙂
We have launched! If you want to take a look 🙂
ABK MART sells a wide variety of uniquely made hand-crafted sculptures and artifacts online. These include:
Cloth and Canvas paintings
I wish to list my business.
What is your business about, Joyce?
Feel free to mention it in a comment.
I found this great store online called Two Tribes One Nation (https://twotribesonenation.us). They had a lot of unique hard to find products that I have never seen before. The owner Carl was very professional, and now I have an authentic Dan Mask. I got a great deal. It was appraised for more than what I purchased it for and I couldn’t be happier. They have a lot of their products on IG, FB, Youtube, and Pinterest.
Hi, I see here a wonderful place to meet with good people to do business. I welcome you to meet to chat for soapstone carving products, wooden carvings, baskets, beaded sandals from Kenya, etc. I welcome you all with a warm heart.
Hello. I am from Canada and I want to know where can I order online a cream for eczema called ANGEL CREAM from Ghana?
Hi Genevieve. Did a quick search on Google, but all I could find were videos from YouTube (Angel Tv Ghana). Hope you find what you’re looking for, all the best.
Best option would be to find someone locally to purchase.
Before you think of cream for eczema think of the soap you use. Contact me for a plant based all natural African Raw Black Soap. Contact me at http://www.facebook.com/Kubadecorbywhispers.
Hello Geneveive, kindly contact me for the soap.
You forgot to add the best African online market place, http://www.amooti.org, which specifically empowers African artisans,while sharing the African culture through art, crafts, fashion and accessories.
Thanks for sharing this, Diane. All the best. 🙂
Visit here: http://www.cathcurios.co.uk
Proudly presenting Cathcurios which is colourful contemporary conversational and collectables of homewares, décor that have been carefully sourced from Africa. The products are individually handcrafted & purchased directly from African artists and producer groups. Customers can know with confidence that with each purchase from CathCurios, they have made their own positive contribution to the welfare of those living in poverty.
It was great and I love all the perfect shops that sell African art and crafts. I would be grateful if you could add the manufacturers and wholesalers of African art and crafts. The finest place to get beautiful hand crafted enterprise: http://www.cobishowkaseent.com
Hi all! I am looking for wholesales of South African art and non perishable items for the USA market, please provide links for me or email addresses.
Hi smangele, Im interested to supply Kenyan handcrafts e.g soapstone carvings, wooden carvings, baskets leather beaded sandals and belts.
Hi, I’m an expat from the UK now living in Zimbabwe. I have two new companies: kete-nya which provide indigenous skin and hair oils from indigenous trees cold-pressed by rural women, and Pomonah night market, a light bulb experience which celebrate and promote local creative and innovative Traders from Zimbabwe. I can therefore provide you with nonperishable items and art. Zimbabwe neighbours SA. Please contact me via my email address.
Nice one. You should also add shopafriks.com to the list. It is a one-stop shop for quality African products with many vendors joining from across the world to sell African products. Shoes, Clothing, Beauty products, Jewelry etc.
For more information contact [email protected].
This is a great article , but you forgot to mention http://www.artisanbazzarts.com 😉 , from the center of North Africa , an intermediary ecommerce service selling authentic moroccan berber rugs directly from the artisans.Our community of artisans and women cooperatives is growing every day , Give us a visit.
Thank you for the post, very much appreciated!
You’re most welcome, keep up the “flavourful, tasty and soulful” work! 🙂
Africa my Africa, beautiful people, unique culture and a great history.
Check out http://www.dressmeoutlet.com for quality and amazing fashion,beauty and health products at the lowest prices.
Great information here Michael! I’ll also like to add afriartistry.com as a great site for African art, I ordered some handpainted tribal mugs from them. Stumbled upon the site while looking for a present for my sister, they were great and I got my order right on time.
Thanks a million Rosie, much appreciated! 🙂
Great African Products at Affordable Prices! 15% of on all orders over $30 through Labor Day.
Check out BestMadeAfrica.com
Visit here https://gosouvenirsafrica.com/
This is a african souvenir online shop specialize in African hand made crafts, South African Jewelry , African arts paintings and gifts originating from Africa.