Zanzibar is not only known for its pristine beaches and renowned spice tour, it also has a few delicacies worth trying out.
Ever heard of the famous “Zanzibar pizza” for instance (dough filled with meat, vegetables, eggs or sweet ingredients)? It’s yummy delicious! 🙂
Today’s post isn’t about pizza though, yet it is also a specialty found at the Night Market (Forodhani Gardens, in Stone Town).
No, today’s about an “extra special” drink that I discovered back in the days: sugar cane juice.
How to Make Sugarcane Juice – What You Need
- Sugarcane juice maker machine or press.
- Cut sugarcane stalks.
- A sieve.
Sugar Cane Juice Health Benefits
- Extremely tasty.
- Very refreshing and re-hydrating.
- Replenishes your body with high energy, carbohydrates and protein.
- Only contains raw, unrefined sugar, no simple sugars.
- Sugar cane has a low glycemic index, which keeps the body’s metabolism healthy.
- It is plentiful in natural minerals and vitamins.
- The stalk is an alkalizing substance, and is therefore highly recommended for diseases such as breast and prostate cancer.
- Sugarcane can also be enjoyed by diabetics without worry.